Medical Receptionist Vacancy
The Abingdon Surgery, based in Oxfordshire, is looking for a medical receptionist to join our busy but rewarding reception team.
The Receptionist will provide an efficient and effective service for patients and members of the practice. The post holder will ensure that all patients and visitors are welcomed to the practice in a professional manner whilst adhering to the practice data and confidentiality policy. The Receptionist will provide a comprehensive clerical support service to the administration and clinical teams in delivering high-quality patient care and making a positive difference to the patient experience.
- Act as the first point of contact for patients, clinicians, and visitors to the department dealing with all face-to-face contacts in an efficient, polite and courteous manner and responding to all telephone enquiries in a prompt and professional manner
- Deal with patient enquiries in an empathetic and confidential manner, signposting people appropriately and maintaining a high standard of customer care at all times
- Ensure that patients are checked in and out of clinics accurately and in a timely manner
- Book all follow-up appointments
- Ensure that the reception area is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Take responsibility for all communications received and distribute appropriately to the clinical and administrative staff within the service
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and temporary residents, ensure procedures are completed
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private services, accept payment and issue receipts for same
- Produce repeat prescriptions according to practice procedures and ensure timely distribution or completed prescriptions
- Replenishment of reception area consumables
- Complete all training as required by the practice.
- Demonstrate high levels of customer care and be an ambassador for customer care within the practice
- Provide robust administration functions that underpins the delivery of high quality service and maintain effective working relationships with clinical and administrative staff
- Answer communication including telephone, email and face-to-face queries and in timely manner and action as appropriate
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Be flexible in approach to work, such as covering other job roles at an appropriate grade or site, including varying working hours to ensure that the service maintains an adequate level of cover during core hours
- Use the IT systems to register patients, make up a set of patient notes, make patient appointments, produce letters, ensure that details are correct, check in/out of patient appointments as instructed
- Act in a manner aligned with the Practice Values and consistently demonstrate the behaviours that will ensure the achievement of delivering compassionate care and excellence
Monday – Friday. There may be an occasional requirement for Saturday mornings in the future.
Hours available: 16.5hrs – 37.5hrs (shifts are 8am-1:30pm, 1pm-6:30pm or 8am-6:30pm)
Salary: £10.50ph (We now have a new competency-based framework which will give our staff the ability to earn higher amounts as their competency level increases.)
To apply please email your CV to [email protected]
Salaried GP Vacancy
The Abingdon Surgery, based in Oxfordshire, is looking for a Salaried GP.
Abingdon-on-Thames is a historic market town. It has excellent schools, transport links and good local amenities. Oxford’s cultural highlights are only twenty minutes away.
As one of the highest-rated surgeries in South Oxfordshire, our surgery strives to provide a high-quality service to patients and staff. The role will involve joining our team, who are passionate about innovation, equality and sharing workload fairly. We offer high-quality patient-centred care, whilst fostering a collaborative and supportive environment for all GPs and staff.
Benefits of working here
- A dynamic team
- Excellent work-life balance with no “hidden” tasks given to salaried GPs
- Negotiable on numbers of docman / Labs / Scripts
- Flexibility in working patterns
- One-to-one mentoring is available
- Minimal home visits for our GPs due to our home visiting team
- Morning team coffee breaks and afternoon breaks
- Input from all staff members to drive change
- IT systems customised to improve GP efficiency/workload
- Scheduled team educational meetings, which contribute to your CPD points
- Training Practice with frequent exposure to registrars and medical students
- Patient list system available
- Competitive salary
We extend a warm welcome for informal discussions, virtual or in-person.
To find out more information about the role and our practice please contact our Practice Manager, Nick Regaard via email on [email protected] or 01235 523126